The Village of Odell Illinois, located along historic Route 66 has been struck by multiple graffiti attacks. The vandalism has cause frustration and anger within the community and a community leader has offered a $300 cash reward for information that leads to the arrest of the vandals.
According to local police, graffiti is typically charged as criminal defacement of property. For incidents that don't exceed $500 in damages, this is considered a Class A misdemeanor. Multiple instances of criminal defacement can increase the charge to a Class 4 felony.
In smaller communities, cash rewards can help to lead to the identification and arrest of the graffiti taggers. Additionally, the potential for fines and criminal proceedings can help to deter future graffiti attacks.
Speedy removal of graffiti tags is essential in reducing the frequency of graffiti attack. The sooner the graffiti tag is removed, the less likely the graffiti taggers is to repeat the attack at that location.
For graffiti tag removal from metal siding, Clean City Pro Green Label Graffiti Remover is ideal. Clean City Pro Green Label Graffiti Remover is a medium strength graffiti remover designed for painted surfaces like metal siding, painted fences and doors, plastics, and other surfaces. Clean City Pro green Label Graffiti Remover is a fast, effective and safe medium duty graffiti remover for removing Spray Paint, Permanent Marker, adhesive & stickers from a Wide Range of smooth Surfaces including Painted Metal, Plastics, trains, buses, vehicles, panel trucks, bumpers, playgrounds, bathroom partitions, mail boxes, benches, and much more.
Step-by-step instructions for removing Graffiti from Smooth Surfaces
APPLICATION BEST PRACTICES FOR REMOVING GRAFFITI FROM SMOOTH SURFACES using Clean City Pro Medium Duty Green Label Graffiti Remover.
1. Always test in inconspicuous area before use.
2. Use chemical resistant gloves and ventless goggles.
3. Spray Clean City Pro graffiti remover onto affected area. (Ready-to-use. No dilution necessary)
4. Prevent drips using non-scratch scouring pad, microfiber, cotton rag or soft paper towel.
5. Allow dwell time (from 30 seconds to 3 min). Note warmer ambient temperature and scrubbing increase speed of graffiti removal.
6. As soon as graffiti tag bond with substrate "breaks", lightly loosen paint with non-scratch scouring pad, microfiber, cotton rag or soft paper towel. The quicker the process, the less likely there will be any paint loss from substrate.
7. Wipe clean with dry rag or towel.
8. Rinse with water or wipe with wet rag to remove any remaining graffiti residue.
For more information, check out our Best Practices in Graffiti Removal page, our Graffiti Removal Selection page or our Tips and Techniques for Graffiti Removal page.
Clean City Pro is dedicated to providing the safest, most effective Green Graffiti Removers to help keep our cities clean of graffiti.